How to Activate and Use Emergency Alert on Android — In some cases, we often received emergency alerts on our Android smartphones. These alerts vary. It can be very dangerous things that are going to happen or the same things but less dangerous. We will only receive these alerts when we activate these alerts on our Android smartphone settings. But how to activate it?
Well, here are How to Activate and Use Emergency Alert on Android. To not miss any detail information of the steps please make sure you read the entire article.
- Open the Settings on your Android smartphone.
- Then, tap the Notifications menu.
- After that, scroll up your screen, find the Advanced settings menu, then click it.
- Again, scroll up till the bottom of the screen. You will see the Wireless emergency alerts, then tap it.
- On the Alerts section, you will see Extreme threats, Severe threats, AMBER threats, and Test threats. Switch on the toggles of all the threats except the Test alerts.
- On the Alert preferences, switch on the toggle of the Vibration menu.
- When the toggles of the alerts are already switched on, the emergency alerts are already activated.
For the detailed information here are the explanations of each threat listed on our Android smartphone:
- Extreme threats: These threats are classified as a threat to our life. For example, natural disasters (hurricane, tornado, tsunami, erupting volcano and etc.)
- Severe threats: These threats are less serious than the previous threat. It can be a similar type of disaster to the Extreme threats but on a lower scale. It means that your life can be threatened but the percentage to be survived is higher than the first threat.
- AMBER threats: These threats are alerts for the special purposes such as for searching the missing child.
- Test threats: These alerts can be categorized as “extreme threats”, when the government is issued directly to a certain individual or group and this threat can’t be turned off in your phone’s settings.
That’s it. hope this article is useful for you. Don’t forget to share it with your friends so they will get better insight or information about emergency alerts on Android smartphones. If you find any difficulties or problems related to the topic, please tell me in the comment section below. I would be happy to answer and help you out.
Thanks a lot for visiting nimblehand.com and see you.