How to Deactivate Instagram Account—If you want to take a break from Instagram without deleting your account, you can opt to deactivate it.
Deactivating an Instagram account is pretty easy:
- Log in to instagram.com from a computer or a mobile browser. It’s not possible to deactivate an account via the Instagram app.
- Click your profile picture in the top right and select Profile > Edit Profile.
- Scroll down until you find Temporarily disable my account in the bottom right.
- Answer the Why are you disabling your account? section by selecting an option from the drop-down menu and re-enter your password. The deactivation option will only appear once you’ve done this.
- Finally, click Temporarily Disable Account.
Pretty easy, right? Keep in mind that you can only temporarily disable an account once a week.
If you think this guide is useful, leave us a comment down below and share the guide with your friends!