With the increasingly isolating nature of the pandemic, it can be difficult to maintain engagement with your audience. However, not all hope is lost. If Instagram is your tool of trade, you can make use of Instagram Live to connect and engage with your followers. As questions are delivered in real time, this is your chance to establish a meaningful connection between your customers and your brand.
To start: Launch Instagram > Swipe right from Home > Switch to Live mode > Tap Live
To end: Tap End > Confirm
Easy Steps in Creating Live on Instagram
To set up an Instagram Live, simply do the following:
1. Log in to your Instagram app, tap the camera icon located on the top left corner of your feed. Or, swipe right from your timeline to open up the Instagram Stories camera.
2. Toggle the menu tab at the bottom so it switches to Live mode. Before you started, though, we advise checking the settings of your Instagram Live from the cogwheel icon on the top left corner to adjust whom you allow to view your Instagram Live, who can interact, where the video saves, and how it can be shared. Once everything checks out, start the live stream by tapping the Live button.
3. Engage with your audience! Broadcasters can easily filter which question gets displayed, and which to answer from the Q&A sticker box.
4. On iOS, you can also put up pictures and videos from your gallery by tapping the camera icon located on the bottom right corner of your screen. Your live stream window will be minimized once the picture is on screen. You can swipe right on your camera roll and tap the stop icon to stop displaying the image or video. Don’t worry about your audience accidentally seeing your other photos and videos in your camera roll, because only you can view them during live unless you shared them.
5. Once you’re done, hit End >Confirm. From here, you’ll have the option to save it to your gallery by tapping the save icon or share it to your Instagram Stories. Live videos will stay on Stories for a day.
And that’s all there is to it, folks! Hope you found this guide helpful in your path of growing a successful brand and amassing a following on Instagram!