Ever wanted to only use Instagram for editing and not for posting? If your answer is yes, you might be wondering how to do so. In this article, we’ll take a look at one easy way to save a high-resolution photo you edited on Instagram without posting it. Keep reading!
Launch Instagram > Profile > Settings > Account > Original Photos > Save Original Photos > Turn on Airplane Mode on your smartphone > Upload a picture > Edit it > Post it (the picture will be saved on the gallery > Remove the unposted (failed to post) image
> Turn off Airplane Mode
Instagram Trick : Saving a High-Resolution Photo Without Posting it
1. From your Instagram profile, access the hamburger icon to open Settings.
2. From there, select Account > Original Photos > Save Original Photos, if you’re on iOS. On Android, the method is the same, only the option name is different (Original Posts > Save Original Posts.)
3. After that setting is enabled, everything you posted on your feed will also be downloaded to your device. But since we don’t want to post our picture here, we have to do a small workaround.
4. Go to your phone’s connectivity settings and put your device on Airplane Mode.
5. Now you can just upload your image as usual and edit it. Once you’re happy with the results, skip the captions and post the picture immediately. Thanks to the Airplane Mode, your picture won’t be posted, but your gallery will still keep an offline copy of the image.
6. Remove the unposted image before turning off Airplane Mode. Otherwise, your image will get automatically posted once your internet connects.
We hope this tutorial has helped you. If you have any questions or confusions, do share with us in the comments down below! We will try our best to help you out. Thanks for reading and see you in the next article!