Since Facebook acquired Instagram, the two networks have grown closer and more integrated. Linking Instagram and Facebook is a no-brainer if you’re a social media marketer, a small business owner, or simply enjoy sharing content across networks. You can share content between the two and take advantage of the power of visual content. You can even log in to Instagram through Facebook to save time.
Some people prefer to keep Instagram and Facebook separate and avoid sharing too much data between the two. That changes when it comes to marketing. It’s all about efficiency and achieving the greatest possible reach with the least amount of effort. Connecting Instagram and Facebook helps with this. Because you can share across both platforms with a single click, it makes sense.
How to Link Instagram to Facebook
If you already have a Facebook profile and an Instagram account, connecting the two is simple. Then, you can seamlessly share content between the two networks without losing formatting or impact. Here’s how to go about it.
- Launch “Instagram” on your iPhone or Android device.
- Log in, then select your profile, followed by the “Settings” menu.
- Select “Account,” then “Sharing to Other Apps.”
- If you are not logged in on your phone, select “Facebook” and log in with your Facebook account details. When prompted, grant the app permissions.
- You will then be prompted to configure your Accounts Center. Choose your Facebook account or tap “Not you?” to switch accounts, then click “Continue.”
- Choose where you want to share on Facebook. To complete Account Center setup, tap “Continue.”
- Choose “Begin Sharing to Facebook.”
- Return to the Accounts Center. Make sure that “Story & Post Sharing” and “Logging in with accounts” are both enabled under the “Manage connected experiences” section.
Once your accounts are linked, you’ll be able to share a post to Facebook from the same screen where you’ve added a caption.
How to Log into Instagram Using Facebook Account
It’s simple to log in to Instagram using your Facebook credentials:
- Open “Instagram” on your phone to access an existing Instagram account. Skip to Step 4 if you have a new account.
- “Log In With Facebook” should be selected.
- If you’re already logged in to Facebook, you’ll be logged in automatically. If you aren’t, enter your Facebook login information when prompted and click the blue Login button.
- Select “Log In With Facebook” for new Instagram accounts. Your account will be created and linked to your Facebook account.
- Your new Instagram account now has a pre-generated, random username and password. To change it, go to Instagram and select “Log In With Facebook.”
Can I Link Multiple Instagram Accounts to Facebook?
One of the cool features of both platforms is the ability to have multiple accounts or pages under the same login. This feature allows you to quickly switch between your professional and personal profiles. Multiple Instagram accounts can be linked to the same Facebook page. All you have to do is repeat the above steps for each Instagram account.