Instagram has numerous useful features for those who use the platform for business. You can easily track engagement rates and other analytics, and your followers can help you by including the small business tag in their stories.
But what if you no longer want to use your business account? What if you no longer require the analytics and want to revert to a personal account? If you’ve converted your personal Instagram account to a business account, you can revert at any time. Check out this step-by-step guide to converting your Business Account back to a personal profile.
Instagram accounts are classified into three types: personal, creator, and business. Here’s how to switch back to a personal account if you’re currently using the creator or business options:
- Launch Instagram on your mobile device (iOS or Android).
- Tap on your profile image in the bottom right corner of the screen
- Swipe left to reveal the menu bar on the right. These settings can also be accessed by tapping the hamburger icon in the upper left corner of the screen.
- Choose Settings from the list.
- If you have a Creator account, tap Account and scroll to the bottom. Tap Switch to Personal Account after selecting the blue Switch Account Type option.
- If you have a Business account, go to the Settings menu, select Account, tap Switch Account Type, and then select Switch To Personal Account at the bottom.
- Confirm your selection in a pop-up window by tapping the blue Switch Back button.
- You’ll see a Switch-back to personal account message on the screen.
Make sure you really want to switch back to a personal account before you do so. You’ll lose access to all of the useful tools that help you grow your Instagram business and track your progress. Furthermore, all previous insights will be deleted, and you will be unable to recover them even if you switch back to a professional account.