How to Enable or Disable Message Request on Instagram — It is very common for some Instagram users to receive spam direct messages from unknown accounts to their accounts. In some cases, the spammers are doing that many times. There is a common way to prevent that. It is by blocking the user. But it can’t prevent the same thing to happen in the future as we never know who will spam us. So, the possible solution is by disabling our message request on Instagram. Don’t worry, we will be able to enable it again in the future.
Alright, here are the steps of How to Enable or Disable Message Request on Instagram for you:
- Unlock your iPhone screen and launch the Instagram app. If you haven’t logged in yet, please log in first using your credential.
- Then, open your profile page.
- Tap the hamburger icon button on the top-right corner of the screen.
- After that, tap the Settings menu on the bottom sheet that appears.
- Now, tap the Privacy menu.
- At the bottom of the Interactions section, there is the Messages menu. Please tap it.
- Tap the Others on Instagram.
- Then, tick the Don’t Receive Request option.
- Next time, if you want to enable the direct message on your Instagram just follow the step from numbers 1 – 7. Then, at the 8th step, you can tick the Message Request.
Finish. Hope it is useful for you. Share this article with your friends and family so they will know how to do the same thing. Please let me know or ask me if you find difficulties in following the steps, or if you have some questions related to the topic in the comment section below.
Thanks a lot for visiting nimblehand.com. As always, stay safe, stay healthy and see you in the next article. Bye 😀