While iPhone comes with its built-in keyboard that you can use day-to-day, some people are still looking for some keyboard applications to use along with it.
Luckily, nowadays, there are many best keyboard apps to choose from. In this article, we will be covering some of them for you. Let’s dive right in!
1. Microsoft SwiftKey
Developed by Microsoft, the SwiftKey is one of the best keyboard applications for all devices, including the iPhone and iPad.
Microsoft SwiftKey comes with a line prediction, auto-correction, along with gesture typing, and cloud sync so all devices can stay up-to-date.
What’s more, this keyboard also gives you the freedom to customize it to match your style, with dozens of themes to choose from.
With an overall rating of 4.7 from 92.8K users, the keyboard and all its features are free but to get most of the themes you need its premium plans.
Here are the key features of Microsoft Swiftkey:
- Supports more than 100 languages.
- Swipe typing or tap-to-type, whichever you prefer.
- AI that learns your word choice, emoji usage, and more.
- Toolbar: the expandable menu filled with quick shortcuts.
The Google keyboard or also known as Gboard is without a doubt one of the most popular keyboards on all kinds of smartphones today.
The popular keyboard supports up to 500 languages and comes with great features such as voice dictation, direct translation, and many more.
Thanks to its search feature, this keyboard also makes it easy for users to search for things such as emojis and gifs directly from the keyboard.
With a 4.0 rating from over 30 thousand users, the Gboard is completely free to download and use. You don’t need to worry about any hidden fee at all!
Here are some of its key features:
- Equipped with Google Search Engine
- Multi-language typing and keyboards
- All kinds of shortcuts for the keyboard
- Completely free to use on any devices
LazyBoard is a keyboard shortcut app for iPhone devices. It saves your email templates, quick completion forms, and addresses with one tap when entering.
LazyBoard helps you create different folders with categorized shortcuts for various things as well as quick custom responses for every aspect of life.
Though it’s not as popular as other keyboard applications out there, the keyboard developed by Elsayed Hussein has a 4.4 overall rating on the App Store.
By itself, the free version of LazyBoard is great enough to satisfy your typing needs. However, if you need premium plans, the monthly subscription starts at $3.99.
This keyboard also comes with many great features, such as:
- Syncing phrases between iOS and other devices.
- Media folder to save your photos, gifs, & emojis to use.
- iMessage extension for the Media folder to use photos easily.
- Clipboard folder to save your copied phrases and sentences.
- Support First Line Subject in any email application.
EasyType is an application developed by TypeSoft. This keyboard comes with attractive themes and many great features.
Keyboard auto-correct, predictions, full access to emojis, gifs search, text scrolling, improved cursor control, quick swipe gestures, you name it.
What’s even better, this keyboard won’t ask for full access to change settings, themes, or anything else on your phone as it doesn’t collect keystrokes.
Despite not being so popular, the easy-type keyboard has a pretty good rating on the app store. It’s rated 4.2 out of 5 stars by multiple users.
Here are the key features of the EasyType keyboard:
- Many attractive themes in all colors — dark, gold, pink, red, and so on.
- Easily create personalized, custom themes with photo background
- Unique built-in emoji keyboard with 1,500+ emojis & emoji skin tones
- Swipe up on any key to quickly insert numbers or punctuation
- 3D Typing — insert numbers or punctuation with 3D Touch
- Highlights typos and offers suggestions for misspelled words
- Changes dynamically to show the keys you need (like @ for email)
- Quick language switching — just drag the space bar up
Fleksy is a unique yet simple keyboard application. It doesn’t give you a return key, it doesn’t give you a space key, and it doesn’t give you a delete key either.
It only gives you letters, numbers, and punctuation. To type a space, you just need to swipe the screen to the right. Meanwhile, to delete a word, swipe the screen to the left.
Unfortunately, some features such as additional themes and 700 interesting emojis need to be unlocked by purchasing them. Prices vary, starting as low as $1 a month.
Developed by Flesky Inc, this keyboard is currently rated 4.0 out of 5.0 on the App Store. It is also fully compatible with the new iOS13.
Here are the key features of Flesky:
- Custom Extensions. No keyboard is more customizable.
- Find and send music, videos, places, and GIFs while typing.
- Beautiful custom design, custom themes, and sizes.
- Seamless switch between languages using the spacebar.
If you’re into writing, you probably know what Grammarly is. The online service is one of the most popular grammar checking tools today.
But did you know that this service also has its own keyboard application for your smart devices? It’s called Grammarly Keyboard.
At first glance, the Grammarly keyboard doesn’t look much different from the other keyboard applications out there right now.
However, the integrated AI (artificial intelligence) will detect grammar and spelling errors as you type and then correct them in detail, just like its services.
As of right now, the Grammarly keyboard is rated 4.3 out of 5 stars by thousands of users. It’s completely free but offers in-app purchases starting from $29.
Here are key features of the Grammarly keyboard:
- Sophisticated spelling and grammar checker
- Synonym finder and vocabulary enhancer
- Emoji predictions and search bar
- Real-time writing suggestions
- Multiword text predictions
Developed by Typewise AG, the Typewise keyboard app distinguishes itself from other keyboards with its distinct features.
The layout and gestures of the keyboard might take a little getting used to, but the new form factor is a nice change from what we’ve all been used to with our standard QWERTY apps.
Some of these unique gestures include swiping left on the button to delete your current text and swiping right to undo text that was just deleted.
You can also swipe up on a letter to capitalize it instead of having to use the shift key, while long and short swipes on certain keys produce quick punctuation marks.
The keyboard has been featured on TechCrunch, Wired, Houston Chronicle, Esquire, Evening Standard, Tech Radar, Mac Observer, and many more.
As of right now, it has a 3.9 rating from hundreds of users. It’s free to use and download. However, the premium features require a subscription starting from $1.99 a month.
Here are the key features of the Typewise:
- Swipe up to capitalize a letter, swipe left to delete, or swipe right to restore.
- Typewise Autocorrect learns what you type and helps you write perfectly.
- None of your typing data is sent to the cloud or any other third-party platform.
Developed by Chi Ho Chun, Slyder is another great option for the best keyboard apps for your iPhone and iPad devices.
With 4.6 overall ratings, this lightweight keyboard comes with plenty of useful and great features that will make your life easier.
This straightforward keyboard has everything that makes typing more fun and easier. It’s also available in many different languages.
You can use Sylder for free but for premium support, you will need to pay a certain free starting at $0.99. Here are some key features of the keyboard:
- Theme by iPhone color or color of your choice
- Emoji recommendation (learns as you use)
- Swiping gestures for many functions
- Easily paste with paste buttons
- Change and customize keyboard heights
- Customizable extra row with a horizontal scroll
- Long press shortcuts on every key
9. Phraseboard Keyboard
Phraseboard is a keyboard app for iPhone that offers a new way to write, reply to chats, and do other things you usually do on social media.
In this case, you are given the ability to categorize the words and phrases that you usually use so that when you need to use them, you don’t have to bother typing them again.
What’s even better, Phraseboard has a collection of more than 100 fonts (typefaces) and colors that other keyboard applications don’t provide.
In fact, you can enjoy the translator feature, which is available in more than 50 languages! Unfortunately, this app developed by Daniel Soffer is not free.
To download and use the Phraseboard, you will need to purchase it on the App Store for $1.99 a month. It has a 4.0 rating and can be purchased fully for $12.
Here are some of the key features of Phraseboard:
- Speak mode feature that will read your phrases out loud.
- Use all types of Emojis to express your creativity.
- Simply tap a button to send off a quick reply.
- Create your most common phrases and sort them by categories.
- Change the font of phrases to match the look and feel of your choice
- Design your keyboard styles including buttons and background colors.
- Save your styles and pick from curated themes in the styles manager.
- Great tool for business professionals and social media creators.
10. Color Keyboard
Another great option for the best keyboard apps for iPhone is the Color Keyboard – Theme & Fonts from Appyfurious LLC.
This keyboard offers aesthetic keyboard themes to express your typing style when texting. Create and design your personalized keyboard just the way you like it.
With a 4.4 rating, the Color Keyboard is one of the best options that you can get for your iPhone right now. It’s paid application but it comes with some free trial options you can try.
Here are some of its key features:
- Tons of fabulous pre-made themes
- Use cool fonts to stand out from others
- Customize both text and functional buttons
- Add emojis right from the keyboard
iKeyboard is a keyboard that has fun emojis with tons of features and has a huge collection of over 5000 emojis and emoticons with a keyboard.
Not only that, but the keyboard made by Sun Guimei also has more than 6000 colorful themes for users to customize its appearance.
Apart from that, you can send stickers and GIFs to any social media app, make typing sounds, and set backgrounds using your own images.
Some of the other cool features include fast typing, voice typing, auto-correction, and multilingual keyboard support.
With a 4.4 rating on the App Store, here are the key features of iKeyboard:
- 800+ Emojis, 1000+ Symbols, and 500+ Emotions for a fun typing experience.
- Well-designed themes, such as Typewriter, Pink, and other free themes.
- Piano keyboard. You can set your personal typing sound and play music.
- Natural gestures: You can sideslip to switch letters and symbols, slide downward to dismiss the keyboard, and long-press Space to open emojis.
FancyKey Keyboard, an app developed by FancyKey Keyboard, Inc, offers luxury theme designs to design your own creative themes.
It has tons of customization options including multiple fonts, backgrounds, sounds, themes, layouts, button shapes, and typing effects.
This keyboard has features such as word suggestions and auto-correction, typing, and more and has more than 1.6 thousand emojis, and supports more than 30 languages.
As of right now, this fully customizable keyboard has a 4.4 rating out of 5 from more than thirty thousand users. Here are some of its key features:
- Set your favorite snap as the theme.
- Up to 100 funky fonts to choose from.
- Several amazing fonts to choose from.
- Advanced auto-correct / auto-suggest engine.
- Ability to turn on / off keyboard click sound.
- Support ‘shortcuts’ that are created in System Settings.
- Layouts and typing behaviors on the default keyboard.
13. Kika Keyboard
Kika Keyboard has tons of emojis, hundreds of themes, and customization options like fonts, colors, wallpapers, and keyboard layouts.
This Kika keyboard app offers GIFs, emoticons, kaomoji, animated emoji, emoji art and symbols, an emoji dictionary, and an emoji maker.
Apart from that, this keyboard also supports 82 languages and features including word prediction, text correction, one-handed mode, slide typing, and more.
As of right now, the keyboard from Cheese Mobile, Inc is rated 4.6 out of 5 by thousands of users. It’s in the top #19 Utility section on the app store.
You can use this keyboard for free. Meanwhile, the premium versions start at $20 a month. Here are the key features of the Kika Keyboard:
- Customizable themes & photo keyboards.
- Amazing cool fonts that work in ANY app.
- Spice up your conversations with our stylish fonts.
- The easiest way to directly add better fonts.
- New fonts and color text messages are added regularly.
- Tons of new symbols to decorate your Instagram & Snapchat.
There you have it! In this article, we have given you an overview of the 13 best keyboard apps for your iPhone devices.
We hope it will be a helpful guide for you to choose the best one for you! Should you have any questions, leave comments below. See you in another article!