When you get a new iPhone, it’s important to transfer all data from your old iPhone to the new one properly. Although you want a new fresh iPhone, you’ll need to move all your contacts to a new device so you can keep in touch with your family, friends, and colleagues.
There are two best options to transfer your iPhone contacts, and you can pick the one that best suits you:
Transfer contacts to new iPhone with iCloud backup
If you get a new iPhone, you’ll undoubtedly want to transfer all of your contacts from your old one. You can transfer contacts from your old iPhone to your new iPhone using iCloud when setting it up for the first time. The iCloud backup will also transfer all of your other data and settings, in addition to contacts.
Follow these steps to transfer contacts to a new iPhone:
1. Go to the Settings app.
2. Tap on [your name] > iCloud.
3. Make sure the Contacts toggle is on.
4. Select iCloud Backup.
5. Tap Back Up Now.
6. Once you finish backing up your contacts from your previous iPhone, now turn on your new iPhone and follow the setup steps.
7. When you reach the Apps & Data screen, tap Restore from iCloud backup.
8. Sign in with your Apple ID (the same Apple ID as the old one).
9. Select the backup option which just made on your old iPhone.
10. Wait for your contacts and other data to transfer from your old to your new iPhone.
Complete the rest of the onscreen setup steps.+
Transfer iPhone Contacts Through Gmail
Contacts on your iPhone can also be transferred with a variety of other accounts, like a Gmail account. Make sure you have a Gmail account that logged in to your old iPhone. Then you just need to follow the steps:
1. Open Settings app.
2. Scroll down and tap on Mail.
3. On the next screen, tap on Accounts.
4. On the Accounts screen, select the Gmail
5. Make sure Contacts toggle to the on position.
Note: Several earlier iPhone versions may need follow this, Settings>Password & Accounts>Gmail>Toggle on Contacts
Once your old iPhone contacts are synced to your Gmail account. When you log in to your Gmail account on your new iPhone, your contact will automatically be updated as your previous iPhone contacts list.
Those two steps seem similar but different in the application. Now, you can pick which one you prefer to transfer your iPhone contacts to. So you can load to your new iPhone easily and save a lot of time by saving contact one by one. Have a nice day!