We usually use a flash drive or external hard disk to back up our files. Some people also use those drives as additional offline storage when their MacBook storage is almost full.
But using external additional storage doesn’t mean there will be no problem. Sometimes we have to format our flash drive or hard disk as there are issues we found there. If you don’t know how to format your drives yet, you are in the right place.
Connect the flash drive or harddisk to MacBook > Launch Disk Utility > Click the disk name > Click Erase > Click Erase button on the confirmation pop-up
Formatting Flash Drive or Hard Disk using Mac or MacBook
Now, I am going to show you How to Format USB Flash Drive or Hardisk on Your Mac or MacBook
1. Please connect the flash drive or hard disk that you are going to format.
2. Before you start to format your flash drive or hard disk, it is wiser if you back up all the data and files you have saved on your drive first
3. Launch Disk Utility. If you don’t know where to find the app, press Command + Space, type Disk Utility, then press Enter.
4. After it is launched, select the name of your flash drive or hard disk.
5. Now, on the Erase pop-up select which file system you want to use and give it a new name.
6. After that, click Erase button on the right bottom corner of the pop-up.
7. Once you click the Erase button, the formatting process is starting. This process may take up to two minutes or two depending on the file size you save and the speed of the flash drive that is being formatted.
8. When the formatting process has finished, your flash drive or hard disk is ready to be used again.
Hope this is useful for you. You can share it with your friends so that they will not get confused when they need to format their flash drive or harddisk.