Screen glare is a problem for many people who spend too much time looking at their screens. Fortunately, Zoom has introduced dark mode, which reduces eye strain from bright screens and makes it easier to sleep at night. As a result, many apps have taken the initiative and incorporated this feature into their design.
The Zoom app’s dark mode was just recently introduced to mobile devices. This feature is not yet natively supported on Mac OS X computers, but it will be coming soon. Until then, Windows users can change their system settings to get the same effect. Here are five easy steps for how to enable dark mode on Windows 10.
Zoom is a communications technology company that provides high-quality video and audio communication services to businesses and consumers. Our software makes it easy to share content and communicate with ease, which empowers our users to be more productive wherever they are. Zoom Rooms is a fully digital conference room that delivers the productivity of a conference room meeting without any of the hassle of travel or finding an available space.
Zoom was founded in 2011 by Eric Yuan, a former Cisco engineer and executive. The company’s software was first released in 2013 and since its release, Zoom had seen immense revenue growth, as well as increasing user satisfaction with the software’s design. This resulted in a $1 billion valuation for the company in 2017. It became profitable for the first time on April 30, 2020 after completing an initial public offering to be added to the NASDAQ-100 stock index.
After the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020, Zoom’s software usage increased dramatically. It has come under fire from the public and the media for security and privacy concerns.
For years, Zoom lacked a dark mode feature, forcing you to use the light theme if you preferred it. Zoom was also one of a few apps that didn’t work if your device was set to a dark theme.
The dark mode was not a feature originally, but it changed – you can enable it in the video conferencing app. The dark mode is popular within many apps. Some people use it because they want something different, while others use it because it’s more comfortable for them. Either way, it’s a great feature to have and worth trying out at least once.
How to Enable Dark Mode On Zoom Using Windows:
- Open Google Chrome on your computer and go to https://zoom.us
- In the top right corner of the screen, click “Sign In.”
- Enter your Zoom username and password.
- Open a new tab in Google Chrome, paste the following URL into the address bar, and press enter: chrome:/flags/#enable-force-dark. This will take you to a page with experimental Google Chrome options. The Auto Dark Mode for Web Contents option is highlighted in yellow here.
- Choose “Default.”
- Select “Enabled with selective inversion of “everything” from the drop-down menu.
- It is now time to restart Chrome. Simply click the Relaunch button in the bottom right corner of the page to do so. Before you do so, make a backup of any work you’ve done in any open windows or tabs.
- Go to the Zoom page and log in to your account. Now you should see that the Zoom interface has changed to Dark Mode as well.
Hopefully, you now understand how to enable Dark Mode on Windows. When working long hours, changing the color of Zoom’s interface to save your eyes from strain can be beneficial. Especially when working in dim lighting.