Files are an essential part of every business. All our important data is in a file, neatly stored to make it easier for us to organize and share them with colleagues or clients. Unfortunately, sometimes we accidentally delete some important files that are still needed.
If you are using macOS and accidentally delete some important files, you don’t have to worry. There are a lot of best file recovery software that you can use to recover your documents, including videos and photos.
Here are the 9 best file recovery software for macOS:
This software makes your data recovery for Mac OS X easy. Disk Drill is a perfect software to recover your deleted files, finding your whole partitions, and helping you to access an external USB drive or camera card.
The latest version of this software (Disk Drill 4) requires Mac OS X 10.11.6+. Disk Drill is free software to download (Basic) but you can also upgrade it to PRO at $97.90 and Enterprise at $548.90. It is an awesome software that is not only available for Mac but also available for Windows.
– Recovering all file formats (200+ file types)
– Supports Android and iOS recovery
– Free additional tools (Disk Health, Mac Cleanup, Duplicate Finder, Data Protection, Recovery Drive, Data Backup)
– Recovering data from any storage device virtually
– Byte-to-byte disk backups
– One-click Recover option
– Fusion Drive support
– Live list of found data
Stellar Data Recovery
It is the best data recovery software that offers a great file retrieval tool with powerful advanced options for business. Stellar Data Recovery has the simplest form, helping you to retrieve lost data from an external storage device or computer.
This software requires macOS with these operating systems: Big Sur 11, Catalina 10.15, Mojave 10.14, 10.13, 10.12 & 10.11. Stellar Data Recovery is also available for Windows 10, 8.1, 8 & 7.
The first trial of this software is free and you can also use paid versions: Standard at $49.99, Professional at $59.99, Premium at $79.99, and Technician at $149.
– Recovering deleted files
– Supports ExFAT, APFS, HFS+, FAT32, and NTFS
– Recovering data from CD/DVD
– Recovering data from lost volume
– Creating image/load image
– Creating Recovery Drive
– Repairing multiple photos or videos
EaseUS Mac Data Recovery Wizard
It is a great Mac data recovery software to recover your deleted or lost files from memory card, camera, USB, fusion drive, external drive, hard drive, and other storage devices. EaseUS Mac Data Recovery Wizard offers an easier and faster way to bring your files back. Besides Mac, this software is also available to download for PC.
EaseUS Mac Data Recovery Wizard supports:
- macOS 11.0 (Big Sur)
- macOS 10.15
- macOS 10.14
- macOS 10.13
- macOS 10.12
- Mac OS X 10.11, 10.10, 10.9
For Mac, this software comes in two different versions: Free and Pro. The Free version allows you to recover 2GB of your data for free while Pro can help you to recover an unlimited amount of data at $89.95 with a free trial.
– Recovering deleted files (document, video, photo, music, other files)
– Supporting some file systems (APFS, exFAT, HFS+, NTFS, HFS X, and FAT)
– Recovering data from lost, deleted, missing, and damaged partitions
– Shorten scanning times
Undelete and File Recovery
Undelete and File Recovery or R-Studio is a part of the powerful and cost-effective data recovery software family from R-TT. It can be used to recover files from Mac, including files from Windows and Linux partitions.
For the system requirements, R-Studio for Mac at least needs macOS with 10.14 Mojave, 10.15 Catalina, and 11 Big Sur. Make sure you also use Mac with 256 MB of RAM, a mouse, and enough disk space for recovering files.
R-Studio for Mac comes in two versions: Free and Paid. The Paid version offers three different prices: R-Studio for Mac Network at $179.99, R-Studio for Mac at $79.99, and R-Studio Technician at $899.00.
– Recovering files that were removed by power failure or virus attack
– Recovering files from the partition
– Recovering files that were deleted from a computer
– S.M.A.R.T monitoring
– Supporting all three partition schemes
– Recovering compressed, encrypted files and alternative data streams
– Advanced file search and mask options
Recoverit is an awesome software that can be used to help you to recover deleted files on Mac and remove any troubles in accessing your external USB drive or camera memory card. It is advanced software to recover your data easier and faster.
This software supports these operating systems of macOS:
- macOS X 10.10: Yosemite (Syrah)
- macOS X 10.11: El Capitan (Gala)
- macOS 10.12: Sierra (Fuji)
- macOS 10.13: High Sierra (Lobo)
- macOS 10.14: Mojave (Liberty)
- macOS 10.15: Catalina
- macOS 11: Big Sur
Besides offering a free version to try, this awesome software also has three different Mac Plan for you: Essential, Standard, and Premium. Essential allows you to recover unlimited files for 1 Mac at $79.99 per year, Standard ay $99.99 per year, and Premium at $139.99 per year (2 Macs).
– Recovering lost, deleted, or deeply hidden videos
– Repairing video files in MOV, MP4, MKV, 3GP formats, and more
– Recovering and reconstructing 812+ types of files and folders
– Recovering various devices (USB Flas Drive, Memory Card, SD Card, Camera, External Hard Drive)
– Bootable Toolkit
– Free tech support
It is a Mac data recovery software that can retrieve your priceless files, photos, or videos with a few simple steps. Data Rescue offers a free demo version too and once the free demo scan is completed, you can choose one of the purchase options.
Data Rescue supports Mac with macOS 10.12 and later. Before using this software, make sure you have a secondary storage device and a stable internet connection. The newest version of Data Rescue supports Catalina 10.15 fully as well. This software is also available for Windows.
Data Rescue 5 for Mac offers two purchase options: Standard Plan at $99 for a one-time payment and Professional Plan at $299 per year. Data Rescue 6 for Mac offers Standard Plan for free and a Professional Plan at $399.96 per year.
– File recovery
– Creating a recovery drive
– Quick scan and deep scan
– RAID support
– Supporting over 100+ different file types (FAT, FAT32, exFAT, ext2, ext3, HFS+, APFS and NTFS)
– Advanced search and filters
– File previews
Supporting Mac with macOS Big Sur and Catalina, Ontrack EasyRecovery can help you to recover data from your Mac quickly. Besides easy-to-use features, this software also has an intuitive interface to recover data with minimal efforts for novice to expert users.
Ontrack EasyRecovery for Mac offers four versions: Free (1GB data free recovery), Home, Professional, Premium, and Technician. A free version is free to recover your 1GB of data. Home for one year license is at $85.80, Professional at $130.21, Premium at $160.49, and Technician at $301.81.
– Available in 6 languages (Japanese, Spanish, Italian, French, German, English)
– Recovering deleted videos, photos, emails, and other files
– Creating a bootable USB media to recover data
– APFS Support
– Searches Lost or Deleted Volumes
– KEXT disable features
– Save and load scan features
– Supports other storage devices (memory card, fusion, HDD, USB-C SSD)
– SMART drive monitor
Lazesoft Mac Data Recovery
It is one of the most powerful and perfect free data recovery software for your Mac. Lazesoft Mac Data Recovery allows you to recover unlimited GB of data for free with its most up-to-date, secure, speedy, and powerful data recovery engines.
Lazesoft Mac Data Recovery supports Mac with Mac OS X 10.5 or later, including Mac OS 10.8 Mountain Lion, Mac OS 10.9 Mavericks, Mac OS X Lion 10.7, Mac OS 10.5 Leopard, Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6, and Mac OS Server 10.5 Leopard.
– Recovery of accidentally formatted data
– Recovery of deleted files
– Recover data and files from your iPod Nano, Classic, and Shuffle
– Recovery of lost or deleted files and applications from a memory card
– Supports some file systems (HFS, HFS+, HFSX, FAT12, FAT16, FAT32, NTFS, NTFS5, EXFAT)
– Free technical support
iBoysoft Data Recovery
The last software that you can use to recover your data on your Mac is iBoysoft Data Recovery. It is a free Mac data recovery software to recover deleted documents, photos, videos, and other files. You can also use this software to recover lost data from other storage media like HDD, SSD, and USB drives.
iBoysoft Data Recovery supports Mac with macOS 11/10.15/10.14/10.13/10.12, and Mac OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9. This software is also available for Windows (Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista and Windows Server). You can also upgrade to the free version of this software by using the professional edition at $98.95 per month.
– Mac hard drive recovery
– Supports Mac APFS data recovery
– Formatted Drive, Deleted Files, Corrupted Drive Data, and Unreadable Drive Data recovery
– Supports a variety of devices (solid-state drive (SSD), USB flash drive, SD card, CF card, hard drive, memory card, digital camera)
– Recover more than 1000+ types and formats of files
The best thing of best file recovery software for Mac mentioned above is you can also recover your data on a formatted drive besides deleted files. The software also offers advanced features which also can be used to get your important files back from any Mac-based storage device easier and faster.