As the need for communication increases, the growth of technologies especially in helping people to keep in touch with each other also increases. When you live far away from your family and friends, you don’t need to be at the same place to stay communicated with them. Same as when you need to have a meeting with colleagues, communication technologies will help you to stay connected with them.
Coronavirus forces people to do their activities from their own home, including working. Working from home or from anywhere can be done easily when you have internet access and also a communication technology (a platform) to be used for a meeting and conference.
Zoom is the most popular platform for a meeting and a conference today. But when you want to use other platforms besides Zoom, there are a lot of platforms made by other developers available to be chosen.
Here are the 15 best zoom alternatives for video meetings and conferences:
Developed by Telegram FZ-LLC, Telegram offers a new era of messaging. It is a cloud-based mobile and desktop messaging app with a simple design that is easy to be used and also fun.
Key features of Telegram:
– Your messages can self-destruct and be encrypted
– Access your chats from multiple devices
– It has an open API and source code free for all
– The groups in Telegram can hold up to 200,000 members
– Stickers and animated backgrounds.
– Custome themes
– Unlimited personal cloud storage
Telegram is a free communication platform that is available for mobile apps (iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows Phone) and also desktop apps (PC, Mac, Linux, macOS, and web-browser).
A product developed by Microsoft Corporation that you can use for meetings and conferences: Microsoft Teams. It is a perfect platform for chat, call, video, and meet to bring everyone closer. This can help you to have an easy work together because your meeting notes, chat history, docs, and videos are always there.
Key Features of Microsoft Teams:
– Chat (sending stickers, emojis, and GIFs in one-to-one messages or in a group chat.
– Meet (a video conference that can hold 10,000 members)
– Call (make and receive calls with advanced features)
– Collaborate (find, share, and edit times in real-time using Excel, Word, or PowerPoint)
It is a totally free platform that is available for Windows, Android, and iOS.
Using Skype, you can have a fun video call with animated emoticons and fun backgrounds. Developed by Skype Communications S.a.r.l, this platform offers awesome features to let you have awesome meetings and conferences.
Key Features of Skype:
– A high-quality video call for 100 people
– New emoticons, Backgrounds, and Call Reactions
– Locking or unlocking events temporarily
– Customized titles, emoticons, and stickers for a remote birthday party or virtual wedding
– Mobile screen sharing
– Call landlines and mobiles from anywhere
– Live subtitles
– Skype call recording
Skype to Skype calls is free. You can reach non-Skype contacts or users who are not online by choosing Skype subscriptions or Skype Credit begin at $2.99 a month for the US. This platform is available for Windows, iOS, and Android.
Developed by Facebook Inc, Messenger Rooms offers a new way to keep in touch with others on video chat. Using this platform, you can even watch a movie, a music video, or a TV shows together with friends on a video chat.
Key Features of Messenger Rooms:
– Custome reactions with emojis and stickers
– AR effects, selfie stickers, and message effects (coming soon)
– Fun themes and colors
– Replies and Forwarding
– Unlock using fingerprint ID or device’s face
– Send and receive money securely (the US only)
– Connect with businesses (find deals, make reservations and get customers)
– Creating Rooms from Messenger, Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram, and Portal devices
Messenger Rooms is a free app that is available for iOS, Windows, and Android.
Another awesome product developed by Google LLC: Google Meet. Using this platform, you can create and join high-quality video meetings for groups of up to 250 people safely. It is built for secure meetings and business which is free and also available for all.
Key Features of Google Meet:
– Video meetings are encrypted (a safe meet)
– Engage in meetings without interrupting
– Share a link and invited guests can join with one click across devices easily
– Share present documents, slides, and more during a conference call
– Live, real-time captions with Google speech-to-text technology
Google Meet is a free app available for iOS, Android, Web, and Windows.
It is a perfect app for your teams to communicate anytime and anywhere. Developed by Unify, Circuit combines audio, video, and screen-share with persistent messaging and content sharing in an awesome single experience.
Key Features of Circuit:
– Easy to find all content in the app
– Create online communities and promote everything
– Chat, video, and voice
– Content storage and history
– An integrated conference room solution
This platform offers three main packages: Team for 3,95€ per month, Professional for 6,95€ per month, and Enterprise for 14,95€ per month. You can enjoy using this platform from any device: Chrome, Internet Explorer or Firefox web browser, iPhone, Android, or iPad.
Webex by Cisco
This platform is the best for you to work better together. Developed by Cisco, Webex is one app for everything: messaging, meetings, callings, and events for teams. It is flexible, inclusive, and also secure, offering a new way of collaborating whether it is at home, in the office, or anywhere.
Key Features of Webex:
– Calling from any device (a complete cloud phone system)
– Meetings (a high-quality performance for meetings)
– Messaging (a team messaging and file sharing both external and internal teams)
– Instant audience engagement (easy interactive tools for Q&A and polling)
– Events (invite up to 100,000 attendees)
– Integrating into 100+ leading apps
You can start to use Webex for free. There are also other two packages: Meet Plan for $15 per month and Call Plan for $17 per month. Webex is available for iOS, Windows, and Android.
There is no account needed when you use Jitsi Meet. Developed by 8×8, Inc., this platform lets you stay in touch with all your teams with its instant video conferences. It is one of the best options for you who need to start a meeting from anywhere.
Key Features of Jitsi Meet:
– End-to-End encryption
– HD audio and video
– Unlimited free meeting access (100+ participants)
– Control other participants desktops remotely
– Sharing screen
– Integrations (Slack, Microsoft, Google)
This free platform is available for iOS, Android, and Windows.
Apple also has its own platform for meetings and conferences: FaceTime. This app allows you to connect with family and friends around the world. You can make video and audio call with FaceTime from your iPad, iPhone, and other iOS devices.
Key Features of FaceTime:
– Up to 32 people at once in Group FaceTime
– Reach others using their Apple ID or phone number
– Animoji, stickers, and effects are available
– Can be used with a front camera or back camera
– In the Phone app, this app is integrated into the recent calls list
– It works over cellular and Wi-Fi
– Favorites for quick access
FaceTime is a totally free app that is available for macOS and iOS devices.
Developed by Zoho Corporation, Zoho Meeting is one of the best online meeting software for your webinar and web conferencing needs. It is a secure software that can enhance your remote collaboration experience.
Key Features of Zoho:
– Interactive tools
– A clock support
– Integration with other major third-party services
– Screen Sharing
– Share and record meetings
– Protect and moderate web meetings
– Webinar solution (broadcast video webinars, customize forms and emails, interact with the audience, view data, and download reports)
For simple video and audio conferencing, you can use Zoho Meeting starts at $3 per month. When you need to use more premium features, try Zoho Webinar that starts at $19 per month. This platform is available for iOS, Android, Windows, and Web.
RingCentral offers free team messaging and video meetings. Developed by RingCentral, Inc, it is a powerful HD cloud web conferencing and screen sharing app with awesome features. You can even switch your meetings to a cell phone from your laptop easily.
Key Features of RingCentral:
– HD Video conference
– Safe driving mode
– Integrated chat
– Screen share
– Host controls
– Dial-in conference number
There are some packages offered by RingCentral that can be chosen for your need. RingCentral MVP for Message, Video, and Phone starts from $24.99 per month while RingCentral Video Pro+ starts from $11.99 per month. RingCentral is available for iOS, Android, macOS, and Windows.
It is a simple, smart, and trusted platform with unlimited recordings and real-time transcription. BlueJeans is developed by Blue Jeans Network, offering a secure video conference for you. With this platform, you can experience meetings with Dobly Voice audio and HD video as well.
Key Features of BlueJeans:
– Up to 150 attendees in BlueJeans video meetings
– Share & receive content
– HD video and Dolby Voice® audio
– Intuitive controls
– Intelligent bandwidth management
– A safe driving mode for distraction-free meetings while on the road
For virtual meetings, the standard package starts from $9.99 per month, $13.99 per month for all standard features+, and $16.66 per month for all pro features+. BlueJeans is available for macOS, iOS, Windows, Android, and Linux.
Developed by LogMeIn, Inc., join.me is a perfect platform for screen sharing, online meetings, and web conferencing. You can host a meeting or join a meeting with this platform. It has all tools that you need for meetings and conferences.
Key Features of join.me:
– Screen sharing
– Conference calls
– Video conferencing equipment
– HD video conferencing
– Conference bridge technology
The latest details of join.me now is available on GoTo which is a part of the same family. The professional package starts from $12 per month (150 participants), business for $16 per month (250 participants), and Enterprise for up to 3,000 participants. Join.me is available for iOS, Windows, and Android.
This platform offers a fully-featured collaboration product with easy-to-use video conferencing software. PGi is developed by Premiere Global Services, Inc, offering a new way to make your meetings more immersive with video conferencing.
Key Features of PGi:
– Instant access
– Meeting recording
– HD audio and video
– Global reach (over 160 points of presence in 60 countries)
– Video room integration
The package of PGi consists of Essential (up to 1,000 viewers), Professional (up to 3,000 viewers), and Enterprise (up to 10,000 viewers). You can contact the sales to check the price for each package. This platform is available for Windows, macOS, iOS, and Android.
It is a reliable, fast, and secure video conferencing software for you. Developed by LogMeIn, Inc., GoTo Meeting is powering productivity and collaboration so you can work anywhere and anytime for a better business.
Key Features of GoTo Meeting:
– Tools for communication & collaboration
– HD video
– Screen sharing
– Webcam preview
– Drawing tools
– In-session chat
– Keyboard and mouse sharing
– One-click meetings
– Meeting lock
– Encrypted sessions
Being at the same part with join.me, the package of GoTo Meeting is also the same with it. The professional package starts from $12 per month (150 participants), business for $16 per month (250 participants), and Enterprise for up to 3,000 participants. This platform is available for Android, iOS, macOS, and Windows.
The 15 best Zoom alternatives for video meetings and conferences mentioned above are the most recommended platforms for your needs. Besides offering HD video and audio quality, those platforms are also available for iOS and Android which is also perfect for you who more often use your smartphone than desktop, helping you to have a meeting or conference anywhere and anytime.