Facebook and Instagram are more in sync than they have ever been. If you update a story on Instagram and want to share it on Facebook, you no longer need to upload it separately. One of the benefits of this integration is that you can easily cross-post your Instagram stories and posts to Facebook to increase the reach of your content.
How to Share Instagram Story to Facebook
Instagram has a feature that allows you to share your Instagram story directly to Facebook. To share your Instagram Stories on Facebook, go to your settings and link your Instagram account to Facebook.
After you’ve linked your accounts, go to your Instagram settings and open your Story Controls to easily share your stories on Facebook. Cross-posting is the act of sharing posts from one account to another. Here is a step-by-step guide for sharing your Instagram story to Facebook.
Before you start, link Facebook and Instagram.
- Navigate to your Instagram profile and tap the three lines in the upper right corner.
- Select Settings.
- Then, select the account and then Sharing to Other Apps.
- Tap Facebook and follow the on-screen instructions.
How to Share Your Story to Facebook
- To begin, launch the Instagram app on your device and sign in.
- Create a story after logging in, then tap Send to.
- Tap Sharing Options to the right of your Story.
- Choose whether to “Share to Facebook Every Time or Share Once”.
- Finally, press the Share button.
If you want to automatically share all future stories to Facebook, you must change your settings. Here are the steps you can take to have all future stories automatically shared on Facebook.
- Navigate to your profile and select the Menu icon (three horizontal lines).
- On the new page, select Settings.
- Tap Privacy > Story from the drop-down menu.
- Then, to Share Your Story on Facebook, select Allow sharing.
Remember that if you share your Instagram story to Facebook, it will appear as a story at the top of your News Feed. Remember that anything you post to Facebook, including your Instagram story, is compatible with your current Facebook privacy settings. Good luck!