Protecting personal privacy and security is one of the most important requirements for today’s tech users. But first, you must understand the options available and the risks associated with them in order to determine what is best for you.
Your Apple ID serves as a portal to everything on your iPhone. Everything is accessible through your Apple ID, from contacts and calendars to photos and iCloud Drive. Having said that, enabling two-factor authentication on your Apple ID is a good idea. This also prevents others from accessing your Apple ID without your knowledge.
Whether you value privacy or not, two-factor authentication adds a layer of convenience that you can enable with ease. Here are the steps that you need to follow.
Turn On Two-Factor Authentication On Apple ID
You can enable two-factor authentication for your Apple ID from any Apple device or website. Before you begin, ensure that you have cell signal reception in order to verify your phone number. Keep your Apple device nearby so you can access the verification code required to activate two-factor authentication on Apple ID.
- Open Settings and tap on your Apple ID Name.
- Navigate to Password & Security and tap on Setup Two-Factor Authentication.
- Enter your Apple ID Password > Answer 2 Security questions and tap on Next.
- On the next screen, enter your Phone Number, select the Text Message or Phone Call option to receive the verification code, and tap on Next. Apple will now send a verification code to your Phone Number.
- On the next screen, enter the Verification Code that you received from Apple and wait for the verification process to be completed in a few seconds.
Once the identification process is complete, Two-Factor Authentication for your Apple Account on your iPhone will be enabled.
When you sign in to your Apple account from an unknown device, you will now receive a verification code on your Phone Number, as well as a map indicating the exact location from which your Apple Account is being accessed.
Turn on Two-Factor Authentication
Wondering how to disable Two-Factor Authentication? Follow the below steps to disable it.
- On your computer visit appleid.apple.com and sign in to your Apple Account.
- On the next screen, locate the Security section and click on the Edit link.
- Next, click on Turn Off Two-Step Verification, located under the sub-heading two-step verification.
- Pop-up will be displayed, once again click on Turn Off Two-Step Verification.
- On the next screen, you will be required to answer Security questions, confirm your Date of birth and Recovery email.
Your privacy is a personal right over which you should feel confident. Keeping up to date on your options, tools, and resources, as well as understanding the processes, will give you peace of mind about your own security.
Don’t forget to share this article with your friends and family to help them to secure their privacy. If you have any questions just drop below the comment box.