How to Mute iMessage Notification on Your Mac or MacBook — Being notified about something such as important messages makes us feel grateful. We will not miss any information that we have to know. But it will be so annoying when we are being notified about enything in any different levels of urgencies. When we receive important message, the notificaton is chiming, and when we receive unimportant message the notification is chiming too. To overcome it, we can actually mute the notifications. But how to do that?
Well, here are the steps of How to Mute iMessage Notification on Your Mac or MacBook:
Mute Notification from iMessages App
- First, launch your iMessages on your Mac or MacBook. If you can’t find it, press Command + Space, type iMessage on the search bar, then hit the enter button.
- After it’s launched, click the Messages on the toolbar and choose Preferences.
- On the general pop-up, untick the Play sound effects checkbox.
- Once you untick that checkbox, the sound effect when a new message arrives will not play again.
Mute Notification from Settings
- Launch the System Preferences menu on your Mac or MacBook.
- After the Settings menu is opened, click the Notifications menu..
- See the app list on the left pane. Scroll it till you find iMessages app.
- After you see iMessages app, click it once.
- Now, on the Messages alert style, click None. Then, untick on the Play sound for notifications checkbox.
That’s it. Hope this article is useful for you. If it’s so, please share this article with your friends with the same problem so they can overcome it easily. You can also share or ask your problems out related to the topic on the comment section below. I would be happy to answer and help you out. Thanks a lot for visiting nimblehand.com. Don’t forget to come daily as we always have a new informative articles in everyday.
As always, stay healthy, stay safe and see you.