How to Determine Your MacBook Battery Cycle Count–When you are a MacBook user, perhaps it is not a new thing for you to hear about battery cycle count. The number of cycle count is usually used to determine whether a MacBook battery is still in the good condition or not. It is also one of the important aspects for you to consider when you are decided to buy a second MacBook.
There are lots of series of MacBook that are already released by Apple. Each series has a different maximum battery cycle count. Commonly the range of cycle count varies from 300 to 1000. You can see the table below for more detail about the series of MacBook and their maximum battery cycle count.
Let me use a MacBook Air 2019 to show you about How to Determine Your MacBook Battery Cycle Count. Here are the steps:
- Find Apple button on the left top corner of your MacBook screen.
- Then click the Apple button until the menus appear.
- Now, pay attention to the About This Mac menu and click it.
- After that, you will see this pop-up on your screen.
- Then, tap the System Report button.
- As you can see in the picture below, there are some dropdowns such as Hardware and Network. You can choose Power menu on the Hardware dropdown.
- Here it is, the battery cycle count. If we look back to the previous table, we can see that the maximum battery cycle count for Macbook Air 2019 is 1000 cycles. Then, the total number of this Macbook as shown in the picture below is 433. It means, there are 557 cycles remaining to reach its maximum cycle.
That’s all my explanation about How to Determine Your MacBook Battery Cycle Count. Thank you so much for reading this. Hope this post is helpful for you and have a nice day. :))