How to Save a WhatsApp Status on Android with a File Manager. WhatsApp enables users to post a status in the format of texts, images, or short videos. However, due to the nature of the feature, it expires after 24 hours. While you can screenshot or record the status, it won’t capture it in the best quality.
Luckily, there is a way to save a WhatsApp status to an Android device via the File Manager. In this article, we will show you how to do just that, keep reading!
- View the status you’d like to save. Doing this will momentarily cached the file on your phone.
- Go to your phone’s File Manager, and select the Internal Storage.
- Click on the three dots on the upper corner of the screen and select Settings. Under File Management, make sure that the “Show hidden system files” option is enabled.
- Then, return to the Internal Storage. Locate and click on the WhatsApp folder.
- Navigate your way to the Media folder.
- You should see the hidden .Statuses folder now. Select the option and you should see all of the WhatsApp statuses you’ve seen within the last 24 hours. Copy the file you’d like to keep and move it to another folder.
And there you have it, you have successfully saved a WhatsApp status. If you have any question, feel free to leave a comment down below. Thank you for reading!