As one of the most popular social media platforms, Instagram allows users to connect with people from all over the world and share their experiences through photos and videos. While the platform has many benefits, it’s not uncommon for users to receive unwanted or negative comments on their posts.
Fortunately, Instagram has a feature that allows users to delete comments, giving them greater control over the content on their page. In this article, we will provide you with a step-by-step guide on how to delete comments on Instagram, helping you to create a more positive and supportive online environment.
We will cover the different types of comments that can be deleted on Instagram, such as spam, offensive or inappropriate comments, and negative or harassing comments. Additionally, we will walk you through the process of deleting comments on both the Instagram app and website.
By following our step-by-step guide, you’ll be able to take control of your comments and create a more positive online experience. So, if you’re ready to say goodbye to unwanted comments and learn how to delete comments on Instagram, keep reading.
Open your commented post > Tap and hold the comment > Tap the trash icon button
How to Delete Instagram Comments
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to delete Instagram comments:
- Open the Instagram app on your mobile device or go to the Instagram website and log in to your account.
- Find the post that contains the comment you want to delete.
- Locate the comment you want to delete and tap on it (mobile app) or hover your mouse over it and click on the three dots that appear to the right of the comment (website).
- Select the “Delete” option from the pop-up menu that appears.
- If you want to delete multiple comments, you can do so by tapping and holding on to the first comment, selecting “Delete,” and then tapping on the other comments you want to delete and selecting “Delete” again.
- If you want to delete a comment on someone else’s post, you will need to tap on the comment and hold it until a pop-up menu appears. From there, select “Delete.”
- After you have selected the “Delete” option, a confirmation message will appear asking if you’re sure you want to delete the comment. Tap “Delete” again to confirm.
- The comment will be deleted from the post and will no longer appear in the comments section.
And there you have it, easy, right? We hope this guide is useful. Let us know your thoughts in the comments down below!