How to Zip and Unzip Files on iPhone — Zipping and unzipping files are the very common things we do. We usually do those things using our laptops. There are some good reasons behind those things. First, we can save the space of the storage space of our computer. The size of zipped files will be smaller than the real file size. Second, it improves the speed of the file transfer process. Then, by zipping your files, it can protect the data on your files from being leaked. But the question is, how can we zip and unzip files on iPhone? Already curious about that?
Here are the steps of How to Zip and Unzip Files on iPhone.
- Choose the files that you are going to zip.
- Move the files into one folder and then name the folder.
- Now, click the Done button.
- After that, tap the three-dot button on the top right corner.
- Then tap Select and choose the folder you created previously.
- When the folder is selected, tap the three-dot button on the right bottom corner of the screen.
- Finish, your folder is now zipped.
- In this case, I will use the zip file sent by contact on our telegram. First, tap the zip file.
- Then, tap the share icon button on the top right corner of the phone screen.
- Scroll up the bottom sheet, and tap on the Save to Files menu.
- Now, choose the targeted folder to save your zip file.
- After you chose the location, tap the Save button on the top right corner.
- Now, back to the home screen of your iPhone and open the folder where your zip file is being saved.
- After that, tap the zip file, and within seconds your zip file is already unzipped.
- Here is the unzipped folder of the zip file.
That’s it. Hope this article is helpful. If there are any questions, or things that you want me to explain, please let me know on the comment section below. I would be so happy to answer and help you out.
As always, stay safe, stay healthy and see you.