How to Stop WhatsApp from Auto-Download Images on Your Phone—While it’s convenient having WhatsApp automatically downloads media files onto your phone, it can get annoying at times. The reason for this is because it takes up so much space, and things like pictures and videos can add up easily over time with more messages exchanged between you and friends. How do we solve this? You can disable the auto-download on WhatsApp with these simple steps:
- First, open your app and select the three dots located on the top right of the screen.
- Select Settings > Storage and Data.
- Make sure that all options under Media auto-download said No media.
Similarly, this is how you do it on iOS:
- Open your app. Go to Settings and choose Chats.
- From there, simply tweak the toggle of the Save to camera roll option. Make sure it’s turned off.
Easy, right? With this setting, your WhatsApp account won’t automatically download media files onto your phone. Thus, helping you to save the hassle of dealing with full storage space due to the files people send you on groups and private chats. We hope you found this article helpful.