Adding contacts to your iPhone home screen could be considered a modified, but smarter, version of creating an emergency contact list.
When you add specific contacts to your home screen, they appear as icons, just like any other app.
When you click one of these icons, you will be able to contact the specified person without having to open your Phone or Contacts app and scroll through hundreds of contacts.
Keeping the benefits in mind, here is the simplest step-by-step guide to help you add contacts to your iPhone home screen:
Adding Specific Contacts to Home Screen on iPhone Using Shortcuts App
Siri Shortcuts allow you to do a variety of interesting things, such as create custom icons and play YouTube videos in PIP. Aside from these complex sets of actions, you can also create simple shortcuts from the iPhone’s Home Screen to call your loved ones.
- To begin, launch the Shortcuts app and tap the + button in the upper right corner to add a new shortcut. To bring up the list of actions, tap the Add Action button.
- Look for Call or FaceTime. You may select either of these options. You will, however, be able to make a FaceTime call if both you and they have an internet connection. A regular call, on the other hand, would go through regardless.
- Now, on the Phone action tile, tap the Contact button.
- Select your preferred contact. In the top right corner, press the Options button.
- Tap the Add to Home Screen button. We’ll give our Home Screen icon a name and an icon on this page. You can select any image from the Photos or Files apps. Give it a name and then tap the Add button in the upper right corner.
- Your contact has been added to the Home Screen as an app icon. Give the shortcut a name and tap Done in the top right corner to save it.
- Your contact would be visible on the Home Screen. To make a call, simply tap the icon.
These steps show you how to add contacts to your iPhone home screen in an easy way. Why you do not try it now to add you’re important contacts to your iPhone home screen? Drop your question on the comment box if you find yourself confused in the middle of adding contacts to your iPhone home screen.