One of the best ways to make your photos look interesting to be seen is by adding text on them. A combination of text and photos can attract anyone’s attention who sees it. It also becomes a clever way for you who love to create content for social media, especially to get more likes and followers.
In order to add text on photos, all you need is an app for adding text on photos which is easy to be used. For iPhone and iPad users, there are a lot of apps for adding text on photos on the App Store.
Here are the 11 best iPhone and iPad apps for adding text on photos:
Developed by Oringe Inc, Word Swag is an easy text on pictures editor that can transform your words into beautiful photo text designs. It only takes minutes to create amazing type layouts. This app also has the exclusive Typomatic™ type engine to make the editing process easier.
Word Swag is a free app but you can upgrade it to Word Swag Pro at $4.99. On App Store, this app has been rated 4.9 stars by 105.6K users.
– Stamped, gold foil, and watercolor text effects
– On-trend frames and layouts
– Hand-designed graphic font styles
– 1.3 million free backgrounds from Pixabay
– High-res export for printing (PRO)
– 80+ designer font styles (PRO)
– Remove watermark (PRO)
Adobe Spark Post
This app offers new ways to design and animate graphics, video, and Instagram stories. Adobe Spark Post is developed by Adobe Inc, providing a library of free Adobe Stock photos and illustrations. Using this app, you can also build your brand by choosing your fonts, colors, and logo.
On App Store, Adobe Spark Post has been rated 4.9 stars by 184.5K users. It is a free app with in-app purchases consisting of Spark Subscription Monthly and Spark Subscription Yearly. The monthly subscription at $9.99 and the yearly subscription at $99.99.
– Exclusive icons, shapes, fonts, filters, and templates
– Sync across mobile and desktop automatically
– Cool animations and effects
– Easy replace, edit, and change backgrounds
Besides adding text on photos, Canva is also perfect to crop, split, trim, and splice a video. You can also add music and sound effects to your video. Developed by Canva, this app offers awesome tools to create an Instagram story, logo, or birthday invitation as well.
Canva has been rated 4.9 stars on App Store by 830.3K users. You can upgrade this free app to the PRO version by subscribing to its monthly or yearly subscription. The monthly Canva Pro is $12.99 per month while the yearly Canva Pro is $119.99 per year.
– 60,000 FREE templates
– Easily add multiple texts or quotes to photos
– 700+ fonts
– A library of premium photos & illustrations
– Video editing
– Collaborating with colleagues or friends to share and edit designs
Developed by GoDaddy Mobile LLC, Over (now GoDaddy Studio) is the world’s easiest photo editor and story maker. You don’t need design skills to use this app. You can create business cards, branded content, professional ads, marketing materials, and design graphics in minutes.
On App Store, Over has been rated 4.8 stars by 95.2K users. It is a free app that can be upgraded to the pro version. There are two auto-renewing subscription options: $14.99 per month and $99.99 per year.
– Exclusive Stock Video Library
– 67,000 ready-to-use graphics
– Over 500 fonts
– A large selection of stock images
– New design templates are available daily
This text on photo editor allows you to create awesome visuals by transforming your text and photos into amazing typographic designs. Developed by App Business Ventures LLC, Typorama offers a new experience and an easy way to create complex text layouts with different fonts and typefaces.
Typorama has been rated 4.8 stars on App Store by 111K users. It is a free app that also offers an upgrade to the PRO version so you can have unlimited access to all the premium content and features. The fee of Typorama PRO Monthly is $2.99.
– 50+ generating typographic text styles
– A hundred different fonts and typefaces
– Professional photo filters, overlays, and adjustment tools
– Badges, ribbons, curved text, and artistic ornaments
– Fun color combinations
– Hundreds of pre-installed quotes
– Thousands of ready-to-use stock photography from Unsplash and Pixabay
It is not only a photo editor but also a sticker maker, ad maker, design maker, and background eraser. PicMonkey is developed by a team from PicMonkey, offering advanced easy tools to create stunning designs, including flyers, collages, banners, and ads.
On App Store, PicMonkey has been rated 4.8 stars by 26.5K users. This free app also offers subscriptions that consist of Basic Monthly at $7.99, Basic Annual at $71.99, Pro Monthly at $12.99, and Pro Annual at $119.99.
– Tons of graphics and fonts
– Classic photo editor effects
– Photo filters, effects, stickers,
– Background Remover
– Easy sharing to social media
It is a simple app with simple features that allows you to add text to pictures easily. Phonto is developed by youthhr and it has been rated 4.8 stars by 89.6K users. This free app offers in-app purchases: Phonto Image Pack at $2.99, Text Style Kit at $2.99, Phonto Filter Pack at $1.99, Ad-Free version at $3.99, and Bubble Generator at $0.99.
– 400+ fonts available
– Changeable text size, text color, and text gradients
– Fun available items (Star, Heart, Rectangle, Ballon)
– Share photos on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook
Developed by Hi Mom S.A.S, Typic can help you to create amazing stories, add text to your photos easily, and design like a professional. It is an easy-to-use app that offers hundreds of designs, fonts, and designs.
Typic has been rated Unlock All at $6.99, Greetings Font Pack at $1.99, 16 Frames Pack at $0.99, Mix Pack at $1.99, Selfie Pack at $0.99, and Light Pack at $0.99.stars on App Store by 6.2K users. It is a paid app for $2.99 that also offers in-app purchases:
– 500+ Design Elements (Artworks)
– 300+ cool fonts
– 26 Light Leak Effects
– 93 filters
– 12 awesome frames
– Export feature in Square, Landscape, or Portrait format
– Share photos on social media
This app offers the easiest way to add the most interesting text and stickers to your photos. PicSee is developed by Xi’an Button Software Technology Co., Ltd, an awesome app to make your photos look amazing with stickers and text.
On App Store, PicSee has been rated 4.6 stars by 37.7K users. It is a free app that also offers PicSee Plus+ Subscriptions. These subscriptions are divided into three types: monthly at $7.99, annual at $29.99, and one-time purchase at $32.99.
– 100+ interesting English fonts
– 200+ interesting stickers
– Various themed filters and effects
– Adjustable edit features
– Awesome patterns and colors
Known as PicLab, Photo Editor is developed by Super Basic, LLC as one of the most powerful design studios. It is the premier all-in-one editor to help you to create unique-looking pictures and add text to your photos.
Photo Editor has been rated 4.6 stars on App Store by 42K users. It is a free app that also has in-app purchases: Unlock Bundle at $49.99, Unlock All Fonts at $3.99, PicLab Pro at $2.99, Remove Ads at $2.99, Remove Watermark at $1.99, All Filter Packs at $4.99, Remove Watermark at $1.99, All Collages at $3.99, The Big Stickers Bundle at $1.99, All Overlays at $4.99, and All Sticker Packs at $4.99.
– Typography (stunning text fonts, rotate and adjust, multiple text layers, drop-shadows)
– A collection of overlays, stickers, and artwork
– 50+ gorgeous photo filters
– Awesome photo effects
– A collection of hundreds of overlays and masks
– Magazine Templates
– Drawing tools and collage tools
Comic Caption Meme Maker Lite
Developed by Push the Edge LLC, Comic Caption Meme Maker Lite can be used to transform your awesome pictures into authentic-looking comics. Using this app, you can also add filters, stickers, captions, and word balloons.
On App Store, Comic Caption Meme Maker Lite has been rated 4.4 stars by 1.7K users. This free cartoon strip creator offers in-app purchases: In-App Purchases: Unlock All Features at $3.99, Unlock Premium Font Sets at $3.99, and Unlock All Features at $3.99.
– 11 different types of words balloons
– 1000+ stickers
– A licensed, authentic comic book look
– 88 comic book fonts
– 30+ dynamic, comic filters
Besides adding text to photos, the app mentioned above can be used to add filters and stickers as well. The best thing about these apps is you can upgrade to the pro version or subscribe to the app’s subcriptions that offer affordable prices to unlock all awesome features.