Do you want to transfer iPhone photos to a PC for editing or simply to view them on a larger screen? Do you want to transfer your iPhone photos to your computer so that you can free up more storage space on your iPhone?
What are The Reasons To Transfer Photos To PC
You may want to transfer the files to your PC for a variety of reasons. Here are some of the possible reasons:
- To Reduce Storage – This is one of the main reasons why you should transfer that large video or photo to your computer. Photos and videos will consume a large portion of your iPhone’s storage space.
- To Use in Email – Another reason is to include the photos or videos as an attachment to an email. When attaching large files to emails, it is sometimes preferable to use a computer rather than your iPhone.
- To Transfer Photos to Close Friends of Family– the photos could send the file to a friend or colleague. Instead of emailing the data, you can simply transfer it to your friend’s computer.
Why Not Transfer Photos from iPhone to Computer Using iTunes?
iTunes is the best tool for transferring files and other data to and from the iPhone. Except when using iTunes to transfer photos from your iPhone to your computer. Because of some feature limitations, as follows:
- Photos cannot be transferred selectively in iTunes.
- All photos organized in albums on your iPhone are not downloaded to iTunes in those albums.
- After syncing with iTunes, all photos are unreadable.
- All of your books, TV shows, music, and other data will be deleted if you sync your iPhone to iTunes on a different computer.
- Apple’s new iCloud service is also limited to 1000 photo transfers.
Possible Methods for Transferring Photos from iPhone to PC Using USB Cable
Using an iTunes alternative is the most efficient way to transfer photos from iPhone without iTunes. Another option is to use Windows File Explorer or a third-party app. Details are provided below.
Method 1: Import Pictures from iPhone by Windows Files Explorer
Using Windows File Explorer, iPhone users can easily transfer photos to their Windows computers. This method is only applicable if iTunes is installed. Follow the steps outlined below.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer using a USB cable.
- When your iPhone is connected to the computer, it will display a menu. To proceed, tap Trust this PC on your iPhone screen.
- Press the Windows + E button to open File Explorer.
- Under This PC, click iPhone > Internal Storage > DCIM.
- Copy the photos you want to transfer and paste them in another file location, or simply copy and paste them. (Alternatively, under This PC/ Computer, navigate to your iPhone, right-click it, and select Import Pictures and Videos.)
Method 2: Transfer iPhone Photos Using Tenorshare iCareFone on Windows
Tenorshare iCareFone is an easy-to-use and beautiful-looking software that allows users to easily transfer photos from their iPhone to a computer. The benefits of using Tenorshare iCareFone include selective high-speed photo transfer, bulk photo transfer, photo compression without loss of quality, and easy photo organization as well as locating them in Photo Library and Camera Roll.
- Download > install > launch Tenorshare iCareFone on your PC.
- Using a USB cable, connect your iPhone to your computer.
- On Windows, the Files Manager tab is the default interface for iCareFone. If the File Manager tab is not already selected, click Photos.
- Tenorshare iCareFone will automatically detect and categorize all photos based on the folder. Browse for and select the photos you want to transfer, then click the Export button and choose a file location to save the photos. (The desktop is the default location.)
So, there you have it – simple steps for transferring photos while also reducing storage space on your iPhone. Please leave a comment below on how you transfer files from your iPhone to your PC.