How to Convert HEIC File to JPG on Mac or Macbook — There are a lot of kinds of image extension. Some of them are JPG, PNG, GIF, HEIF, and etc. But for you who are Apple product users might be familiar with HEIF extension file. If you don’t get what I mean, the HEIF is the extension of the HEIC file. It is a type of file that is only produced by Apple. HEIC/HEIF is actually High Efficiency Image File. It means this type of file or extension has better complexion than JPG format. It can store a lot of information about the file. The information are its properties, depth map, alpha details, HDR data, and thumbnail.
Now the problem is, can we change the HEIC file to JPG extension on our Mac or MacBook? The answer is absolutely yes. Already curious about the process?
Here are the steps of How to Convert HEIC File to JPG on Mac or Macbook:
- First, go to the folder of your heic file. There, see that the extension of the file is HEIF image.
- Then, rename the file just by changing the extension only. You can do that by doing right click or tapping the trackpad with two fingers, then choose the Rename. You can also directly on the file simultaneously. On the .heic extension, delete and type manually with your keyboard with .jpg.
- After that, hit the Enter button on your keyboard.
- Then, on the confirmation pop-up, click the Use .jpg button.
- Now, see that the extension of the file is changed to JPG image.
That’s it. Hope this article is useful for you. Please let me know on the comment section below if you have any problems, questions or a certain thing that you want me to explain to you. I would be so happy to answer and help you out.
As always, stay safe, stay healthy and see you on the next article. Bye.