If you’re new to the iPhone, you might still be learning the ins and outs of its features. Meanwhile, you’re making and receiving phone calls, which adds to your history.
To make it easier to dial all or missed incoming calls, record or save them in your iPhone phone app’s Recent tab. Let’s take a look at how to remove or delete Calls records from your Recents call on iPhone and iPad. You can also block unsaved contacts in your iPhone, but some secret contacts from the recent list are annoying for iPhone users to see. If you want to delete your iPhone call history, we’ll show you how to delete all or just specific calls.
Access and Delete Call History on iPhone
Please review carefully before deleting all contacts, as there is no undoing or recovery option.
- Launch the Phone app on your iPhone.
- Tap the Recents tab at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap All at the top of the screen to view all calls, or Missed to view only the calls you didn’t answer.
- Tap Edit in the top-right corner of the screen.
- To clear your entire call history, tap Clear in the top-left corner of the screen and tap Clear All Recents to clear all existing call history lists.
Note: To delete individual calls one by one, tap the Delete button (the red minus icon) on the left of the call, then tap Delete.
- Now, you will see on your iPhone screen that your call history completely delete.
Before delete or clear all recent contacts, note all unknown or un-saved numbers in the contact app because they were never copied to your iCloud account or iTunes backup.
If you don’t see the options to delete your call history as described above, your iPhone is running an outdated version of Apple’s mobile operating system and needs to be updated to iOS 13 or later.