WhatsApp is one of the biggest free application that provides a simple, secure and reliable messaging and calling service and is available on a variety of phones around the world. It is also very common to use this app in the professional field.
Usually we use WhatsApp in our smartphone. In fact, we can also use WhatsApp on the MacBook too. There are some reasons why we should use WhatsApp through MacBook. It makes us feel more comfortable and effortless when you are currently doing your task on your MacBook. We don’t need to reach your iPhone when you need to contact your coworker asking about something related to your job.
There are two ways that you can try to access the WhatsApp through your MacBook. First, using the browser you have for website experience on your MacBook and the second, you must download and install the WhatsApp itself. There are no major difference between WhatsApp web and desktop as the login process of the website or the app you installed are quite similar.
Already curious about how to use WhatsApp on MacBook? Here are 2 Alternative Ways to Use Whatsapp on Your Mac and MacBook.
Via Website: Visit WhatsApp Website > Scan QR code using WhatsApp mobile app (Settings > Linked Devices > Link a device > OK)
Via Desktop App: Download & install WhatsApp from here > Scan QR code using WhatsApp mobile app (Settings > Linked Devices > Link a device > OK)
Using WhatsApp via Website and Desktop App on Mac or MacBook
1. Launch a browser on your MacBook. In this explanation, I am using the Safari browser.
2. Now, visit WhatsApp Website.
3. You will see the QR code there.
4. Take your iPhone launch your WhatsApp.
5. Open Settings, tap Linked Device menu under Starred Messages.
6. Then, tap the Link a Device button.
7. Click OK to start scan the QR code.
8. Scan the QR code on the WhatsApp Web you accessed previously.
9. After the scanning process is successful now you can use WhatsApp on your MacBook browser.
Installing The App
1. Launch your browser on your MacBook.
2. Type download whatsapp for mac on the browser searching field.
3. Choose Download for Mac OS X.
4. You can also download WhatsApp on the App Store of your MacBook. Just launch the AppStore, search for WhatsApp, then click the Get button to download it.
5. Once the download process is done, install it on your MacBook.
6. Now, launch the WhatsApp that you have downloaded and installed previously..
7. Scan the QR code like what you do when you are using WhatsApp on browser.
That’s it. Hope it’s useful for you. Don’t hesitate to ask me out through the comment section if you find difficulties in following the steps. I would be happy to help you out.
Last, stay safe, stay healthy and see you on the next article. :))